CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Tyce Steven

100_2275 This was Bryce and I minutes before going back to have Tyce.  I don’t look it here,  but I was dreading the big freakin needle they were about to put into my spine and the large cut into my abdomen after that. Good news is and was that we got baby Tyce Steven. He was born 05.12.09 at 6:37 pm. He weighed in at 8 lbs 1 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long. He definitely made sure we all knew how ticked he was to be pulled out of my warm belly…that is for sure! 100_2299 He was such a brut! So big and burly! 100_2315

So, about the whole birth…things didn’t really go as planned. That’s why they say, “ Don’t even make a birthing plan”. After I had Elias via C Section I looked back over the years and really felt robbed that I couldn’t give birth normally.  I really felt like if I was more educated about the birthing process back then, I would have NEVER said ok to being induced. That, I believe, led me to my c section. Anyways,  so when I learned I was pregnant with Tyce, I went to the same doc as I did with Elias. I had asked him if he would be willing to do VBAC (vaginal birth after c section) and he said “Its too dangerous”. So, naive old me believed him and went on my way, planning to have a repeat c section.  I didn’t want this. I am terrified of surgery. I wanted to experience a vaginal birth. I wanted to try “all natural”. My mind was all there. But, I was told it was too dangerous. Well, about 6 wks before I was due,  I kept getting nervous about c section. I scheduled my surgery for the week I was due. I felt like the Spirit was tapping my shoulder to try for vbac. I started looking online and reading and researching vbac statistics and talked to some fellow vbac supporters I knew. Bryce was nervous b/c he believed our current doctor before reading anything. He just wanted me and baby to be safe. I told Bryce that I really wanted to try for vbac. The more I read and talked to others who knew about it, the more I felt like it was the right thing to do. Long story short, I changed doctors 3 weeks before my due date. Call me crazy, its my middle name! :) I changed to a practice that delivers vbac often; more often than my previous doctor. My new doc, Dr. Phillips, was kind, quiet and open to my concerns. He didn’t rush me out of his office. He gave me answers that I felt were the truth. He told me he would support my efforts to try to deliver vbac. About a week before my due date, I had been stressed to get to a doctors appt on time. I was rushing and sweating; no bueno.  I got to the Doc’s office and they checked my blood pressure. It was high. Went over to Triage and was still high…so over the next week, nurse and Doc said I couldn’t drive and to basically be on bed rest. I was so upset and totally in denial that I was having a hard time and on verge of being toxemic. After some stress testing days later I had another follow up appt. My blood pressure was still high and my Doc told me that it won’t get any better (BP) until I have the baby. I wasn’t dilated at all nor effaced. He said my cervix was still pretty hard and I was just 2 days shy of my due date. I was sooooo swollen and now he did consider me toxemic. Bryce and his parents were really concerned. Dr. Phillips explained that when this happens, he would normally induce. But, since I have had prior c section, it wasn’t very safe. I just said, “lets just do the C-section” I was really upset and sobbing at this point. That was at 10 am. He told me to go home and come back around 2 pm to get ready for surgery. I wanted to spend my last hours doing something fun with Elias. So, we took him to Pump It Up and I watched Bryce and him play and jump. I think the hardest thing about knowing when I was going to have Tyce was spending my last hours with my first born. I was excited to have Tyce but sad that just Elias and Mommy chapter would turn a page.

 

We went home and got ready and went back and that evening,

Tyce was born!!!! 100_2329 100_2334 Elias, since day 1, has been in awe of his baby brother. I think the sweetest thing is the two of them interacting. Tyce LOVES his big brother. And, Elias feels the same about Tyce. There has only been one time that Elias has really complained about Tyce. Elias has been such a big helper with Tyce…very over protective. Elias makes funny faces and Tyce’s eyes light up whenever he sees big brother. 100_2450 Tyce has been so sweet….he has always been a good eater; he's all business when it comes to eating. Elias use to eat for a good hour and take his sweet time. Well, Tyce is exact opposite. He is a little chunker and already weighing in at 19.5 lbs at 4 months. Yowza!!! He likes to sleep too! He smiles often and loves to be held facing outward. I also love that everyone seems to think Tyce looks a lot like me and my side of the fam. Its nice to hear b/c Elias is a clone of Bryce! Handsome boys…all 3 of them. ;)  We feel so blessed for our baby Tyce and our big boy Elias. They both bring happiness to our home! Here are the latest shots of Tyce. He is 4 months in these last two pictures. With Love, Keri100_2474SSPX0007 SSPX0022

4 comments:

Meat said...

Keri,

Lovely story. You have a beautiful family!

Corbin said...

Keri, Tyce is sooo adorable. Hope you are doing well. Talk to you soon.

Owen's Mommy said...

Keri, you are such a good mommy. I am sorry you had such an ordeal with the delivery, and stress leading up to it! Look at the outcome, two of the cutest boys I have ever seen. Haven't seen you in a while...hope you can make it to my shower.

J Pelham Family said...

CONGRATS!!! So happy for all of you. Two boys are WONDERFUL! Brothers love each other so much!